Questions posed in the UK Finance Ministry review of PFI policy launched last month
echo issues raised in EIPA’s book on PPP in September 2007 (“PPP – A decision maker’s guide” by
These include questions such as:
- What if any role should public sector capital play in the financing of the construction or operational phase of PFI contracts?
- Should the public sector limit the transferability of PFI equity?
- Could public sector co-investment or joint venturing be used alongside private sector equity in PFI contracts?
- Are there particular ways in which the public sector approach to contract management can be improved in order to manage contracts more cost effectively?
- Should there be more and/or earlier break points in PFI contracts?
- How much financial transparency should be there be in future PFI contracts?